Redmi Note 7(Lavender) is an interesting device from Xiaomi. The Popular Redmi Note 7 was released a few months back in China with 48MP Camera and in India with 12MP Camera, also with the Snapdragon 660Soc. The development of the Custom ROM for the device has already been started there are already many Unofficial Custom ROM available for Redmi Note 7.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 MIUI 10 Global Stable version runs on Android 10 but many of the Android 10 Features are not available for the Redmi Note 7, Which brings some users to the Custom ROM. MIUI 10 is a heavy skin on top of the Android 10 and some of us don’t Like it. Best Android 10 Experience CUSTOM ROM is Oxygen OS ROM.
Oxygen OS is another Android skin that is popular amongst users for the customizations it offers without adding bloat, developers have ported Android 10 based Oxygen OS to Redmi Note 7. This ROM is still in beta and we don’t recommend you to use this as a daily driver. If you are a flasholic and want to see the development of this ROM, then you can flash the OxygenOS ROM on Xiaomi Redmi Note 7.
What is OxygenOS ROM?
OxygenOS is the customized version of the Android OS developed by Chinese smartphone manufacturer OnePlus exclusively for their smartphones. OxygenOS was developed for its global market and there is also another version of the OS designed specifically for the Chinese home market called HydrogenOS. The ROM first started by the base of Android OS called Android Lollipop, and till the 10 release, the company has kept it completely free of bloat and unnecessary features.
Oxygen OS 13 is ported from One Plus 7, it is based on Android 10 and runs on Latest 2020 security patch. there are only a few Google and OnePlus apps preinstalled. Users can choose between navigation buttons, 10 base Android 10 navigation gestures, and Oxygen OS navigation gestures as per their preferences. MIUI users may find Oxygen OS navigation gestures very familiar. The ROM also offers Dual 4G VoLTE, during our testing we found Jio and Airtel VoLTE does not work simultaneously.
Changes/Fixes since latest port:
- Changed base to latest OnePlus7 Beta 15;
- Latest MIUI beta 20.6.18 as vendor;
- Didn’t inserted firmware files in the zip, install the latest Stable version disponible to your device variant;
- Kernel Predator oldcam blobs version.
List of things tested and working:
- BT Audio;
- Calling(Inclusive from Instant Messengers);
- Read/Edit media of SDCard(Inclusive in Stock File Manager);
- Widevine L1.
How To Install?
- Must have Unlock Bootloader:-How to Click here
- Must-Have Custom Recovery:- How to Click here
- Download Rom.zip (Link Below )
- Go to your Recovery
- Wipe Data System Cache Dalvik
- Install Firmware (If you have Indian device Download India FW or Vise-Versa)
- Install ROM
- Reboot – 1st boot takes around 5-10 minutes.
Download OnePlus 7 OxygenOS for Redmi Note 7/7S
If you wanna help dev buy him a coffee: https://www.buymeacoffee.com/Juniiim