For those of you who have already got the device, this guide will help you install TWRP recovery on Redmi Note 9 Pro or Redmi Note 9S. Launched a few months ago in March 2020, and recently launched globally as Redmi Note 9S, the Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro is the best of the Note 9 series from Xiaomi.
In this guide, we will show you how to Install TWRP Recovery on Redmi Note 9 Pro Android 10 MIUI 11. The process is simple and all you need a phone with unlocking the bootloader. If you don’t know how to unlock Bootloader on Xiaomi’s phone then check our This Unlock Bootloader Guide here.
TWRP which stands for TeamWin Recovery Project. It is an open-source and entirely GUI based custom recovery for Android devices. It allows Android users to enjoy fully touch-based UI and flash custom ROMs, MODs, Magisk, SuperSu, etc. TWRP is a door to install different customization modules with ease. It even supports full system backups of the current system state which are impossible without the custom recovery. So TWRP has many benefits, if you are interested then follow the below mention guide and Install TWRP Recovery on Redmi Note 9 Pro.
How to Install TWRP and ROOT Redmi Note 9 Pro
Warning: miui.net.in is not responsible for any damage that might happen to your phone during this process. You may even end up bricking your device.
It is recommended that you carefully follow all the steps mentioned below.
Requirements to Install TWRP on Redmi Note 9 Pro
- A Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro, of course, with an unlocked bootloader.
- Ensure that your device has at least a 50% charge left.
- Install ADB and Fastboot on your PC.
- Enable USB debugging and OEM unlock on your device. On your Redmi Note 9 Pro, go to Settings > About Phone and tap on the MIUI version 7 times. Developer options can now be found in Settings > Additional settings.
How to Unlock Bootloader Of Redmi Note 9 Pro
Unlocking bootloader of the phone is not a difficult task all you have to download Mi Unlock Tool and you can easily unlock your phone.
Once the bootloader of the phone is unlocked you can easily root the phone. Follow the below mention guide to Root the device.
Install TWRP on the Redmi Note 9 Pro
- Boot your phone in the fastboot mode. To do this first switch off your phone and Hold volume down + power on at the same time.
- Now your phone will boot in the fastboot mode. Connect your phone to the PC with USB cable.
- Now open the command prompt window in the Platform ADB folder by Pressing Shift Button and Select Open Command Window Here.
- Enter the following command to ensure that your device is being properly detected.
- The command should return a device ID along with “fastboot” message.
- Finally, install TWRP recovery on Redmi Note 9 Pro using the command below:
fastboot flash recovery twrp-image-filename.img
- Make sure to replace “twrp-image-filename.img” with the name of the original of the TWRP recovery you have downloaded. For example: If you downloaded “twrp-curtana.img”, then the command should be the following:
fastboot flash recovery twrp-curtana.img
- Now the TWRP is flashed. Now hold the Volume Up + Power Button together to boot in the TWRP.
- Now Redmi Note 9 Pro will boot in TWRP recovery. If you are using any pattern lock on your phone, then it will ask you to enter the pattern, or otherwise, you will see the TWRP menu page.
That’s it now the TWRP Recovery is successfully installed your Redmi Note 9 Pro.
That’s it. So, above were the steps to Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro using fastboot. In case, if you have stuck somewhere between the steps of this article, then you can leave us a comment below.