Use Facetime on Android
When we look at Apple Ecosystem, iPhone is the most popular device in the store, operates on iOS. Most of the features on iOS are limited to iPhones, iPads and Mac users such as iMessages, High-Class Privacy features, Facetime and more. Which has no support for Android OS.
Now, You can use Facetime on your Android devices, sounds fantastic! In Today’s Article, We will guide you on how to use Apple’s Facetime on Google’s Android.
Before moving ahead you should know what is Facetime.
What is Facetime?
FaceTime is an application for video calls connecting iPhones, iPads, and Macs. It has been a major element of Apple’s ecosystem for ages.
Now, With iOS 15, Apple is starting the peculiarity for people using other OS supported devices. FaceTime users can now video call their companions on Android smartphones, Windows computers, and any device with an internet browser such as Chrome, Opera, Firefox etc.
How to Use FaceTime on Android?
You have an Android phone, Now, you can join and attend video calls on FaceTime. Nevertheless, you cannot initiate or perform FaceTime calls on Android. You will need a companion with iOS 15, iPad OS 15, or Mac device to forward you an invite to join Facetime Calls.
However, the great thing is that you don’t need an Apple ID or any sign-up to video call. You only need a link from a companion having an Apple Ecosystem device supporting Facetime. You can use the link to join the video call undeviatingly over your browser.
Steps to follow to join Facetime Call on Android
How to Create a FaceTime Call Link on iPhone?
- Open FaceTime on the iPhone.
- Hereabouts, click on Create Link.
- It will automatically open the share panel. Here, tap on Add Name below FaceTime Link and add a name.
- Select the invite link to the Android phone, in the FaceTime call from the share sheet. You can share the FaceTime call link via any messaging apps, like traditional SMS, WhatsApp, Telegram, FB Messenger, signal etc.
How to Join the FaceTime Call on Android?
- On the Android gadget, you’ll receive the message containing a link in the arrangement like “facetime.apple.com.” Now All you need to do is
- Tap on the link to open the FaceTime call link in a browser, like Chrome.
- After the link opens, enter your name and click on Continue. You don’t need any signup details or anything extra.
- Grant the website or browser permission to use your camera and microphone if prompted.
- Forthwith, click on the Join button at the top right corner.
- If You see a “Waiting to be let in” message at the underside of the screen while the iPhone user allows you in the meeting.
The iPhone user who generated the link will get a prompt to accept you in the call. Simply ask them to tap the green-coloured button on the pop-up. After they do it, you will join the FaceTime call from your Android phone.
You will see several on-screen controls, option likes, go full-screen, mute, disable video, and switch the camera. Moreover, you can tap the three-dot menu and enable Grid arrangement or switch between available cameras and audio roots.
Read Also: Best Laptops Under INR 60000 – Updated 2021
You have to Update Your iPhone, iPad to iOS 15 and iPad OS 15
This feature works only on iPhones running iOS 15 and iPad OS 15. This feature is currently available within the Public Beta channel, while the stable version is supposed to roll out later this year. If you want to hear new features, you can register in Apple’s beta program and download the beta.
So, This was a detailed tutorial on whereby you can use FaceTime on Android to video calls with your companions having iPhones, iPads, and Macs. As mentioned above, you can’t yet launch Facetime calls from an Android smartphone. The feature is currently in beta and is assumed to get better over time.
Before moving ahead did you subscribe to our newsletter to keep updated on the latest tech, and
allow us to send notifications to get notified every time we post such informative articles.
Do Let us know by commenting, If you have any queries feel free to ask, we would be happy to help.
If this article helped you and you think it deserves to be shared, Kindly share it with your friends
and family, and subscribe to our newsletter for such awesome posts.
Stay tuned, see you in a newer one.