Xioami Mi Band 4 the successor to the Mi Band 3 has been unveiled at an event in China. The new Mi Band version features a colour AMOLED panel with a 2.5D curved glass protection. It has a 0.95 inch AMOLED touchscreen display with a resolution of 240 x 120 px which is significantly larger than the 0.78-inch monochrome OLED found in the Mi Band 3. The Mi Band 4 comes with a six-axis accelerometer sensor that enables monitoring of physical activities while on-the-move. There is also payment support that is backed by Alibaba’s Alipay.
Xiaomi Mi Band 4 specifications, features
Xiaomi Mi Band 4 sports a 0.95-inch colour AMOLED display that has 120×240 pixels resolution and a 2.5D glass protection on top. The new model supports touch inputs as well as comes with a built-in microphone to enable voice commands. The Mi Band 4 has 6-axis high-precision sensor and comes with 6 sports modes, can track swimming data in real time, and supports smart stroke recognition. It NFC also has support for Alipay in China. The band features a built-in microphone with Xiao AI voice assistant that can control Xiaomi Smart Home IoT accessories easily. The display can also be used to find the phone or switch the music track with one tap. Similarly, it provides live weather and stock updates.
In terms of design, the wearable is reminiscent to the previous generations, with a pill like a form factor and interchangeable silicone bands available in five different colours, Orange, Purple, Black, Burgundy and Beige. As it is a fitness band, there are also features like a step counter, heart rate sensor on board.
Overall, the display of the Mi Band 4 can feature 77 colourful watch faces, six sports modes, and all the information that was available on the previous Mi Band models. The wrist band is also rated to deliver 20 days of battery life on a single charge.
There is also Mi Band 4 Avengers edition with custom dials matching wrist bands for Captain America, Avengers and Iron Man.
Xiaomi Mi Band 4 Specification
- Display: 0.95-inch with 120 x 240 pixels resolution, touch screen AMOLED display, 2.5D scratch-resistant glass
- Wireless Connectivity: Bluetooth 5.0, NFC
- Features: Shows time, steps, heart rate, activities, weather, notifications from apps, calls, microphone for voice assistant
- Sensor: Photoplethysmography (PPG) / Heart rate sensor, Tri-axis Accelerometer + Tri-axis Gyro, Capacitive Wear Monitoring Sensor
- Weight 22.1g / 22.2g (NFC) ultra light body
- Water Resistivity: 5ATM (50 meters) water resistant
- Battery: 135mAh / 125mAh (NFC) Li-Ion polymer battery with up to 20 days / 15 days (NFC) of usage
Xioami Mi Band 3 Price
The Mi Band 4 comes in Black, Brown, Blue, Orange and Pink colours, is priced at 169 yuan (US$ 24 / Rs. 1,695 approx.) and will go on sale in China from June 16. The Mi Band 4 NFC Edition is priced at 229 yuan (US$ 33 / Rs. 2,300 approx.) and the Mi Band 4 Avengers Limited Edition costs 349 yuan (US$ 50 / Rs. 3500 approx.).