The Redmi Note 7 is yet another Great Smartphone from Xiaomi, after the Redmi Note 6 Pro. The Redmi Note 7 is also a great device but Miui Custom Skins make it Bad for some of the Users and they wanna try the New Custom ROM. Many Users want to Install TWRP on Redmi Note 7 and ROOT Redmi Note 7. We have already made the guide on How to Unlock Bootloader for Redmi Note 7. So here in this tutorial, we will show you have to Install TWRP on Redmi Note 7 and How to Root Redmi Note 7 with Magisk.
Once TWRP recovery is Installed in your Phone, you can easily Install Custom ROM, Enable Camera2API and ROOT Redmi Note 7. TWRP has many benefits, if you are interested and Want to know How to Install TWRP recovery and Enable Camera2API and Root Redmi Note 7 then read article Step by Step.
OrangeFox Recovery for Redmi Note 7. Orange Fox TWRP recovery is the ported version that boasts several advanced features not available within the official one.
Unlike any other unofficial TWRP, Orange Fox is the forked build. Some additional features, theme redesign, advanced compatibility, and MIUI OTA compatible are the main advantages of Orangefox recovery.
- Supports Treble and non-Treble ROMs
- Up-to-date Oreo or Pie kernel, built from sources
- Increased compatibility with TWRP
- Updated with latest TWRP commits
- Built-in support for installing init.d functionality
- Built-in support for installing Magisk
- Built-in support for installing SuperSU (v2.82-201705271822 – non-Treble ROMs only)
- White Flashlight
- Password, torch, led
- Support for Miui and Custom ROMs
- MIUI OTA support
- Better language support
- Optimized versions of community scripts
- Alternative lockscreen
- Fox theme engine:
- -choice of theme (black, dark, etc)
- -choice of color scheme
- -choice of splash screen
- And many more!
Download OrangeFOX for Redmi Note 7
Orangefox Recovery is available as a full pack of the flash-able zip file. The main recovery.img file is inside the package.
You can also check out the Official OrangeFox Recovery Website for the Latest Build.
How to flash Orange Fox on Redmi Note 7
Flashing Orange Fox Recovery on Redmi Note 7 is same as the Older Process.
Warning: We is not responsible for any damage that might happen to your phone during this process. You’ll lose all your data upon unlocking the bootloader.
Rooting and Install TWRP process is not so easy it requires patience and it some time. So, Read all the Steps very carefully and DO NOT skip any Steps. One wrong Step can make your device stuck in a boot loop and will Brick your Phone.
Requirements to Install TWRP Redmi Note 7
READ MORE: HOW TO UNLOCK BOOTLOADER OF REDMI NOTE 7
- Redmi Note 7 with Bootloader Unlocked, of course!
- Install ABD and Fastboot on your PC(When asked to install driver choose YES).
- Download TWRP image file here.
- Enable the USB Debugging On your Redmi Note 7, Go to Settings > About Phone and tap on the MIUI version 7-8 times. Developer options can now be found in Settings > Additional settings.
- Developer Option and Enable OEM Unlock and USB Debugging.
Install TWRP on the Redmi Note 7
- Connect your Phone to the Computer using the Cable you got within the Box.
- Open Command Prompt on Windows using Windows key + R and type “cmd” press enter.
- Now you need to Check if your devices are Connected or Not, we will check it with the Help of the Some Commands.
TYPE "adb devices"
You will see your Device if it is Connected else you will get permission in your Phone to access USB debugging, give it OK.
- Now after the devices is Connect we need to Reboot the Device into the Fastboot Mode. We can do it using ADB Command or Simply by Turning OFF the Devices and Turn on Pression Volume Down Key and Power Button key.
"adb reboot bootloader"
- Once we Boot into Fastboot recovery Now we need to Flash the TWRP into the Redmi Note 7. For that, we need to Type some Command also make sure you have downloaded the TWRP image file in your Computer.
"fastboot flash recovery orangefox.img"(twrptulip.img is the name of the recovery file it can be changed, you can easily drag and drop the file instead of writing the name)
- TWRP recovery is now Successfully Installed on your Phone. Now time to boot in TWRP mode.
- Press Volume+ key & Power Key together.
- Now your Phone will be Booted into TWRP Recovery and you will see it ask for the Password and Option to Select language.
- Click on Select language and select English.
- Tap on the cancel button, go to wipe > advanced wipe and Wipe Data only.
- Now you are done. Reboot System.