Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro is a mid-range segment device that comes with a flawless display. With the high-resolution camera and pop-up selfie. The world’s first smartphone to be powered by the gaming-focused MediaTek Helio G90T SoC. Redmi Note series devices usually have great third-party development support, the company even provided units to a few renowned developers for the development.
There wasn’t much development for Redmi Note 8 Pro till now due to different complications due to the MediaTek chipset on the device but seems like things are about to change now. Due to stability issues or improper way to flash the file, users may find difficulties to use Custom ROMs. You may face problems like touch unresponsive, screen freezing, the camera fails, or boot loop issue.
There is also a huge chance that you may brick your device in the process of Install Custom ROM, that where the new CFW comes in play. Developed by the Agent_fabulous and other devs with the Help of CFW the recovery of the bricked device got soo easy. Before moving on to How to Flash CFW based Custom ROM & TWRP I would recommend you, guy, to take a look at the mega thread for Redmi note 8 pro on xda.
How to Install CFW based Custom ROM on Redmi Note 8 Pro
To install this ROM on Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro, First of all, you need to Unlock Bootloader on your device, need to be MIUI 11 Android 9, and then Install TWRP Recovery. If you already have TWRP, then you can simply follow the below guide to Install TWRP Recovery.
- Supported Smartphone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro (begonia)
- Charge the Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro to a sufficient battery level to avoid any sudden shutdowns during the process.
- We strongly recommend you to take a complete backup of your personal data, including the internal storage. The phone will be formatted, so be prepared for it.
- Unlock Bootloader: You need to Unlock Bootloader on Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro.
- Need to be on MIUI 11 Android 9
- TWRP Recovery: To flash this, You need TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro
We’re at miui.net.in will not be responsible for any kind of damage occurs to the device that may happen during/after following this guide. Proceed at your own risk.
- Download Mi Flash Tool Pro- Click here
- Download MIUI 11 Android 9 Fastboot ROM:
India- Click here
Global- Click here
EU- Click here
- Download Anti Brick & TWRP’s File(thanks to santosh)- Click here
- Download Begoniain A10 CFW zip Indian- Click here
- Download Begonia A10 CFW zip Global- Click here
- Download Pixel Experience Plus ROM- Click here
- Download GApps if required(ARM64/A10/pico)- https://opengapps.org/
Install Custom ROM on Redmi Note 8 Pro
Before we start installing custom ROM on Redmi Note 8 Pro, make sure that you are on MIUI 11 Android 9 Stock ROM. If you are not on MIUI 11 Android 9 Flash Fastboot ROM via Mi Flash Tool.
Now if you have confirmed you are on MIUI 11 Android 9 Stock ROM, let’s begin.
- We need to Flash Antibrick via Fastboot
- Connect your device via fastboot and click on 1.flash_noauth.bat, it will automatically flash anti brick on your device.
- Now Press Volumne+ button & Power button. Select fastboot.
- Now while your phone is connected, double click on 2.flash_NonCfwTWRP.bat, this will flash Non-Cfw TWRP.
- Reboot to TWRP and Copy CFW begoniain zip file and ROM file which you want to install.
- Wipe all System, data, cache, and vendor.
- Flash CFW begoniain zip
- Flash Custom ROM
- Flash Gapps if required
- Now goto & format Data
- reboot to bootloader
- Now double click on 3.flash_CfwTWRP.bat, it will flash CFW based TWRP.
- Reboot to system.
Now you don’t need to do anything, flash as much ROM you want to flash, but make sure to DO NOT FLASH MIUI ROM with CFW Custom TWRP recovery.if you want to go back to MIUI install it using the Fastboot tool.
Hope you enjoyed this article, if you any doubt do let us know.